i think you are made of so much win. i'm constantly interested to know what you have to say. your clarity and the way you voice your opinions is highly engaging. i hope you win. as in, the presidential candidate. but first, you need to be the one leading your party. loads of luck.
i sound like i'm infatuated. maybe i am. when was the last time i was interested in politics? never. maybe 2 years ago. when john kerry had a go. other than that, my interest in politics is close to zero. not that i don't give a damn. i'm a libran. as much as i am extreme in my choices, i like to remain neutral in this area of life. balance is the key. truth is, i hate taking sides. i hate comparisons cause there's never a basis to begin with. but this year, it's slightly different.
so, why do i think senator barack obama rocks?
1. you need to hear what he have to say. his plans are so clear, a non-political individual like me can understand it under two seconds.
2. he is honest. even about past mistakes. i like the fact that he's fully aware of what he's getting into and he made no attempts of empty promises/perfection, often citing that he is doing everything to his best capabilities.
3. he's got a youtube account where he post his videos. rallies and such. i wish i could see him speak. even if i'm not a part of the city he's convincing. i blame across the universe and my undying dream of becoming a hippie circa 1960's. a movement. that's all i ask. before i die, please.
4. he has a myspace page. anyone can friend him. it's pretty cool. the others are doing the same but he's the most popular, i think.
5. he uses twitter! like seriously, can this guy be any cooler? or shall i say, enterprising?
as for the typical shallow reasoning.
1. oprah got his back. big time. i LOVELOVELOVE the interview she did with him and his wife. so personal and the level of respect i have for him just increases from there.
2. unlike my peers at the office, i didn't check my facebook during work. what did i do? i was reading articles on senator's obama political standing. how he's fairing as compared to senator clinton? the people's opinion. THAT, i love to read. the polls make a freakin difference baby.
3. cause professor sachs was the one who first introduced me to him. he shared with the class one day. told us there's a new presidential candidate representing the democrats. barack obama. there's a anecdote about his name. i thought it was very witty and i'm hooked since. i swear, i'm genuinely interested.
i'd say, OBAMA FOR THE WIN!
i'm reading chekhov right now. sometimes i wish there's friends who share the same interest in books apart from the occasional titles. i'm tired of people scoffing when they see my book titles.
how do i want to spend the hours leading to 2008?
at home. away from human beings. in front of the telly. not watching the countdown. cause it's dumb. i'm tired. terribly lazy beyond words. i only want my cats, books, food and music. occasional movies maybe. i don't really want to think right now.
my wish for 2008.
1. i wish for people to stop complaining cause no one gives a damn anyway.
Labels: barack obama