i went to a place where male dominance is so evident it wasn't funny. especially for me, someone who's really comfortable with being allowed the freedom of an equal human being back here in singapore. we take things for granted all the time. i learn to appreciate my status as a female and wonder what it'll be like if i was not born a singaporean female. everywhere we went, only the males were seen working. at shops, restaurants, everywhere. when we stopped by starbucks, they were taken aback when my brother informed them i was working as a barista. ugh. "no. no woman work." my ass. the women were hidden behind veils. restrained. their eyes. they bore right at you. i wonder how they live.
everything was cheap. feels like i'm in malaysia. wah! divide by 2. cheapcheapcheap! didn't really get that much since we were constantly moving around and the parents had to get souveniers for many. no baggage space for the unnecessary.
it was ridiculous the amount of handsome.. no, GORGEOUS guys i saw there. it's like a haven of good-looking males. i was thrilled. my eyes were everywhere! haha.. it's a shame. in 2 weeks, i saw more handsome guys there than 1 year in singapore! i. am. not. kidding. i still can't figure out how they can look soo good.. chiselled features. sharp noses. fair skin. amazing eyebrows. MEN! red lips. lovely, lovely eyes. le sigh..
the only tv i enjoyed was late nights of bundesliga. i still don't get why podolski is hot. he does not appeal to me in anyway. oh ya, and the occasional arabian entertainment news and whatnot. the guys are really yummy.. seriously.
what else, what else..
i hate airplane rides. if i can choose to take anything else to travel from one country to another, i don't give a damn if it's a boat, a bicycle, a train; I'LL TAKE IT! anything except airplanes, thank you.
i think i saw some chinese/japanese/korean celebrity at the airport. the fans were packing like a herd of sheeps.
arsenal lost to freakin manchester city! they're the bottom 2 for pete's sake. no wins against the gunners in the past. it was a joke i wasn't laughing to. the defence was incorrigible i wasn't the least amuse. ugh. the chances. far too many. but damn, rosicky is amazing. what a great buy!
school starts tomorrow. i miss the babysitters. we SO need to get together. not just 'incomplete' us at al-ameen. all 5 at pitstop. or all 4(shamala is not invited) at living room. simple. a freakin module that everyone takes?! hah. the new semester is going to be a killer for me. 6 modules and maths to worry about. but i return with renewed faith. nothing is impossible.
i was tagged by wanru to do this. sorry i took such a long time.
6 things about myself. i choose to be random.
1. i'm essentially a private person. i don't report what i do to people unless i choose to do so. i don't indulge in excessive information sharing just because i don't feel it's necessary.
2. i love cats more than humans. they will never hurt you unless they scratch or bite you. but that's because you provoke them in some way.
3. i may appear passive/nonchalant or 'bo chap' as some may say. honestly, i just deal with things differently than normal people do. i don't believe in stressing myself up over something. personally, i feel it feeds no purpose.
4. i love sports! all kinds of sports except golf. cause i seriously don't think it should be considered as one. my favourites are soccer, tennis and rugby. in that order.
5. i mock/imitate people because that's my funny. it's something that sets aside my humour from others. i mean no harm. without it, i don't think i'm funny.
6. i'm a fangirl. through and through.